Silversea has extended its global suspension of voyages to include all sailings departing on or before October 31, 2020. The cruise line posted the update on its website, saying, “Safeguarding the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we visit is our top priority.” The decision was made, Silversea said, with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and others.
The luxury cruise line adds it is currently proceeding with a “rolling” cancellation system, “in which we are cancelling cruises only when we know that we are unable to operate them.”
Silversea also shared an “up-to-date” list of when each of its ships will resume sailing. They are as follows:
- Silver Muse – October 31, 2020 (As this appears to contradict the above announcement, Luxury Travel Advisor is checking on the next sailing for Muse; we have not heard back yet.)
- Silver Spirit – November 5, 2020
- Silver Moon – November 8, 2020
- Silver Shadow – November 10, 2020
- Silver Whisper – November 10, 2020
- Silver Cloud – November 16, 2020
- Silver Explorer – November 17, 2020
- Silver Wind – June 14, 2021
- Silver Dawn – November 9, 2021
- Silver Origin – November 7, 2020
Note: The situation is constantly changing, and Silversea says it cannot guarantee that the voyages shown above will indeed sail on the date shown.
Booked guests on cancelled voyages will receive up to 125 percent cruise fare refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), which can be applied toward any future cruise and is valid two years from issuance. FCCs are transferable to family and friends and can be used partially and applied on more than one new booking.
Exclusive Venetian Society cruise days: On voyages cancelled by Silversea due to COVID-19 from March 1, 2020 onward, Venetian Society members will accumulate VS days on the cancelled voyage, as well as on the new booked with the FCC. It is combinable with all public fares and promotions excluding reduced rates and net deals. Only eligible for the Guests included in the original booking. If FCC is cancelled, and the guest opts for cash back instead, then the additional Venetian Society days will be removed.