Looking for inspiration and funny travel quotes? If you just need to laugh or a funny Instagram travel caption, you’ll get plenty of ideas here.
Make sure to bookmark this page so you can come back to this list easily. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the best funny travel quotes.
Want to connect with fellow long-term travelers? Join our exclusive Facebook group and take part in the conversation.
- I travel a lot. I hate having my life disrupted by routine.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket, and that’s kind of the same thing.
- I googled my symptoms. It turns out I just need a vacation.
- Not all those who wander are lost. They are just looking for a good coffee.
- I thought I wanted a career. It turns out I just want a paycheck to buy plane tickets.
- I need a six-month vacation twice a year.
- I wish travel therapy was covered by my health insurance.
- It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.
- Physically I’m here. Mentally I’m in a pool in Bali ordering my third mojito.
- When traveling with someone, take large doses of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee.
- TIP: You won’t get the holiday blues if you just keep booking holidays.
- I’m stuck somewhere between “I need to save” and “you only live once.”
- Do you ever stress about money and then accidentally book another flight?
- A journey is like marriage. A sure way to be wrong is to think you control it.
- The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.
- I have found out that there isn’t a surer way to determine whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.
- If you had to choose between true love or traveling the world, which country would you visit first?
- People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.
- Have you ever stopped to think, maybe travel is addicted to me?
- Good things come to those who book flights.
- I followed my heart, and it led me to the airport.
- When you’re trying to save money for a house but end up with a one-way ticket to some tropical island.
- Education is important. But travel is importante!
- When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
- I love my job, but only when I’m on vacation!
- If at some point you don’t ask yourself, “What have I gotten myself into?” then you’re not doing it right.
- Go to work. Open computer. Scroll the internet for plane tickets for six hours. Close the computer. Go home.
- Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?
- I want someone who looks at me the way I look at a travel magazine.
- You’ve never felt true fear until your passport isn’t where you think you left it.
- There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after vacation.
- My favorite childhood memory is my parents paying for my holidays.
- Me: “I want to travel more,” the bank account: “Like, to the park?”
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on a plane. Never return.
- Should I book another flight to go abroad? Brain: no. Wallet: no. Mom: no. Dog: no. Universe: no… I think I’m gonna book the flight.
- Life is short. Call in sick and book that last-minute flight.
- Ironing boards are surfboards that gave up their dreams and got a boring job. Don’t be an ironing board.
- Packs 2 hours before leaving for a trip. Unpacks 3 months after coming home.
- I wish I had never gone traveling. Said no one ever.
- Airports: the only place where drinking at 8 AM is socially acceptable.
- Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should be on the beach drinking Margaritas.
- Tripophobia (n.) The fear of not having any travel trips currently booked.
- Birds literally just eat, travel, and shit on things they don’t like. I don’t know about you, but that’s the lifestyle I’m striving for.
- You know it’s time for a vacation when you start looking like the person on your driving license.
- Forget champagne and caviar – Taste the world instead!
- That moment when boarding is complete and the seat next to you is empty.
- All my friends are having babies, and I’m like: “What country am I going to next?”
- By 35, if I’m not engaged or already starting a family, I declare myself the aunt who’s always traveling & comes to family events tipsy.
- A passport holder sounds like a great idea until you get to the airport and have to remove it 4 billion times.
- Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.
- Someone asked me if I was stranded on a desert island, what book would I bring… How to build a boat.
- I love those days when my only decision is window or aisle.
- Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?
- My mom watches a special type of news program that only reports on horrible incidents happening in places I’m about to visit.
- The closer you are to nature, the further you are from idiots.
- Girls don’t wait for the prince anymore; they pack and travel the world.
- Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.
- Travitude (n.) when you start to feel grumpy and sassy cause you haven’t been traveling.
- If traveling was free, BYE!
- I need a vacation so long that I forget all my passwords!
- I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m headed to the airport.
- If anyone is Christmas shopping for me, I wear a size 7-day Caribbean cruise.
- A plane ticket is the answer, who cares what the question is.
- I want to live in a world where searching for plane tickets burns calories.
- You can’t make everyone happy. You’re not a plane ticket.
- Time is precious; waste it wisely.
- Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are sandy.
- Yeah, working is great. But have you tried traveling?
- I would totally give up travel, but I’m not a quitter.
- We don’t stop traveling because we grow old; we grow old because we stop traveling.
This list of funny travel quotes should give you all the inspiration you need to create travel content or funny Instagram captions.
☑ Book your flight: Who said you won’t be able to find cheap flights? My top saving tip is flexibility. If you’re flexible, you should be able to find a cheaper flight. Check out Skyscanner or Google Flights for the hottest deals.
☑ Book your accommodation: Want the comfort of being at home or the luxury of a hotel? I love using Vrbo and Booking.com for those very reasons. If you’re a solo traveler, Hostelworld offers a wide variety of hostels you should take a look at. Alternatively, if you’re a budget traveler, sign up for Worldpackers to get FREE accommodation in exchange for work.
☑ Stay safe: Travel mishaps happen – so, better be safe than sorry by covering your back with travel medical insurance. I would suggest SafetyWing as they offer the best rates, especially for long-term travelers. I’d also suggest you take a look at World Nomads.
☑ Do you need a visa? If you aren’t sure if you need a visa, it’s highly recommended for you to double-check. You can use iVisa – it’s super useful and easy to use.
Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click one of them, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.